October 2, 1976 Established under the name “Business and Professional women Club”
Affiliated with the Business and Professional Women International.
Established the legal counseling center.
- Established the Information – Documentation Center
- Established the Women Enterprise Center
Conducted the First Conference ‘International Women’s Day”.
Initiated the legal counseling hot-line
- Launched the first business incubators in Jordan under the patronage of Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdallah.
- Developed the first long-term strategic plan for the forum
Graduation of the first group of businesswomen from the business incubators.
Celebrated the 25th Anniversary of the forum.
Changed the registration and register under the Ministry of Interior under the name “Jordan Forum for Business and Professional Women”.
Developed 2nd long term strategic plan.
- Re-structured the organization, its services and segmentation of membership categories
- Established Businesswomen Forum for Brokers (Multaqa Al Tadawul)
- Launched BANAT.COM program : an IT venue together with related technical training for Jerash Center
- Conducted the first national survey with regional scope and international methodology with the IFC – World Bank
- Established the south region chapter
- Awarded King Abdullah Prize Award of Excellence for Best Practices
Signed and MOU with SABEQ Program to launch several projects on Economic empowerment for women in Jordan: Export toolkit project, Access to Finance Banking project and Network project to enable women of reaching decision making positions in economic entities.
- Launched the National Initiative for Training & Direct employment for females; to provide the private sector with 5000 trained and skillful girls according to the needs of labor market
- Awarded King Abdullah 2nd Prize Award of Excellence for Best Practices
- Establishing the 1st partnership between civil society, governmental bodies & private sector to set the model of national initiatives towards development in Jordan
- Establishing 10 new incubation units at Jerash facility
- The first lady won the elections and became members in the board of the Chamber of Commerce in Jordan
- Four ladies won the elections and became members in the board Chamber of Industry
- Election of new board of directors
- First national conference for professional women in Jordan under the patronage of HRM Queen Rania
- Incubation success raised to 100% by the use of GrowBox tool
- 2000 women & their families benefited from vocational trainings & activities
- Signing an MOU with Global Environment Facility (GEF) for a project of water saving & energy saving for Jerash
- Launching a new service for other NGOs to enhance and spread the culture of incubation in the Arab world
- The presence of the Jordan Forum for Business & Professional Women was highly prominent in 2011 at the national, regional and international levels through participation in the following forums or conferences:
- World Islamic Economic Forum in Kuala Lumpur-Malaysia under the theme “Women Entrepreneurs in the Islamic World”
- Fourth annual conference for Arab business men and investors in Amman under the theme “Investment and Development Opportunities in Jordan”
- An agreement signed between JFBPW and Partners -Jordan aiming to achieve a partnership for supporting women empowerment program.
- An agreement signed between USAID and JFBPW to implement a program titled “ Jordan’s Young Women Working for Water Efficiency” .
- An agreement signed between USAID and JFBPW with collaboration of the Ministry of Awqaf in Jordan to implement the program of WAETHAT. The program main scope is to train and use interpersonal network of 185 Weathat to help in raising awareness about water and electricity conservation in the kingdom. A total outreach of 15225 homes is expected.
- An agreement signed between (AFAEMME) and JFBPW to implement the project Young Women as Job Creators, promoted by the Association of Organizations of Mediterranean Business women, between May and November 2013 in Morocco, Palestine, Jordan and Spain. The project intends to inform, motivate and train about 10.000 young female university students in the four participating countries to become future successful businesswomen and employers .The project promotes self-employment and entrepreneurship among young female university students who are about to graduate from a university and who have an interest in starting their own business. By facilitating the transition of these young, talented women from education to work, the project advocates a stronger role of women in the social and economic development of the region, additionally contributing towards gender equality in the Mediterranean.
- The Jordan Forum for business and professional women JFBPW was awarded a contract for $303,226/- from the USAID through the Public Action Project PAP with the main objective of increasing the number of households that are practicing appropriate methods of water and energy conservation and efficiency.
- The project “Young Women As Job Creators” was launched in the four participating countries namely Jordan, Morocco, Palestine and Spain.